Hi I'm Leigh. Welcome to Five Apple Farm's blog, a journal of raising honey bees, growing things, farm critters, generous landscapes, good food and more.
“Larrapin” is an old hill-country word once used to mean delicious, yummy, really good.
My idea of larrapin is a landscape created to be delicious & useful to many: the gardeners, birds, wildlife, barnyard, bees and pollinators. Five Apple Farm is my canvas.
We are back home for good in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina after several sweet years in the Ozarks. You'll find posts from both places.
Welcome and Enjoy!
Weekly Email Update
I would be delighted to have you as a reader. Subscribe to get one email a week (max) about what's going on at Five Apple Farm. Occasional garden book giveaways too! (It's all free and your info isn't shared. )
Enter your email address then check your inbox for a verification email. **You must click the link in the email to activate the subscription.** Please do!
- The many medicines of native plants… March 28, 2016
- Vetting the Sweet Gum: Beauty, Luna Moths, & God’s (scary) Finch Feeders March 13, 2016
- The Living Landscape by Rick Darke and Doug Tallamy March 5, 2016
- Winter Thoughts—Great Farm Search 2013, Pt 2 January 25, 2016
- Feeding Bees in Winter: How (& why) to Make Sugar Blocks January 18, 2016
Some Favorite Posts
- Today Visitor: 74
- Month Visit: 8169
- Years Visit: 79891
- Total Visitor: 89315